Living in Canberra
Canberra Girls Grammar School (CGGS) provides a unique boarding experience.
Canberra offers all the benefits of city living in a rural environment. The School is located in the leafy suburb of Deakin, just one kilometre from Parliament House and within easy reach of Australia’s national institutions such as the National Library, Archives, Museum and the Australian War Memorial.
Boarders are transported around the city in the School’s minibuses and are not expected to find their way on public transport. This may be to co-curricular activities away from the School campus, to study at the National Library, to shop or to the cinema.
Accommodation is available close to the School if required when boarders’ families visit and they may take their daughter out, go to watch them play sport or play in a concert without having to travel far or get caught in heavy traffic.
The CGGS boarding house community offers a safe and secure environment for your daughter.
Approximate travel times from the CGGS Senior School campus:
- 3 hours to drive from Sydney.
- 2 hours drive to the beach (Batemans Bay).
- 2 hours drive to the snowfields (Thredbo).
- 11 minutes walk to the local shops, supermarket, gym and cafes (Deakin Shops).
- 9 minutes walk to Parliament House.
- 8 minutes drive to shopping and cafes (Canberra Centre).
- 7 minutes drive to shopping and cafes (Manuka Village).
- 5 minutes drive to Lake Burley Griffin.