Are you willing and able to contribute a cake, cupcakes, slice or sweet treats (such as coconut ice and fudge) to the Cake Stall at our Fete on Saturday, 26 October?
You can deliver it to us in two ways:
- Direct to Cake Stall on Fete Day between 9.00am-11.00am
- Drop off at either Junior or Senior Reception desk on Friday, 25 October during school hours
Here are some helpful points for preparing your cake/slice/treats:
- We are not allowed to sell things that require refrigeration - e.g. items that are filled with creams or custards.
- Labels are required to help consumers identify if there are any allergy inducing foods such are nuts and preservatives and by law must clearly include:
- Type of cake (if packet please specify).
- Ingredients list
- An estimate of the best before date.
ACT HEALTH GUIDELINES FOR FETES AND FUNDRAISING FOODSTALLS
The ACT Health Guidelines require us to bring to your attention Safe Food Preparation Techniques (read the summary below). For further information please contact Liz Mulcahy.
During cooking there should be ready access to a hand basin for washing. Hands and personal clothing should be thoroughly clean at all times. Anyone suffering from food-borne disease or experiencing diarrhoea, vomiting, fever, jaundice or a sore throat should only take part in the food preparation if they have no contact with food or food contact surface. Infected skin lesions or discharges must be fully covered so that they cannot be exposed or contactable with food or food contact surfaces. Animals must not have access to kitchen during food preparation.
Please contact Liz Mulcahy 0438 865465 or Jacqui Corkhill 0407 770 700 if you require further information. Thank you in advance for your contributions to the Cake Stall.
Photo above: Cake Stall at the 2017 CGGS Fete.