- About Us
- Junior School (active page)
- Senior School
The co-curricular program is an integral part of the educational experience at Canberra Girls Grammar School (CGGS) and includes all activities that support, enhance or complement the formal academic curriculum. It is based on the philosophy that personal growth occurs when students and staff can access a broad range of experiences.
Success in future studies, employment and life itself can result for those who have a balanced approach to work and broader social commitments and who have developed their capacity to work effectively with others.
CGGS values participation in co-curricular sport for students to:
- develop physical skills and enhance their wellbeing;
- develop skills in teamwork, sportsmanship, leadership and competition;
- take responsibility for themselves and others through commitment and teamwork; and
- enjoy the physical activity and the social experience of sport in a positive environment.
The following sports are offered as part of the program and sports teams are entered into local competitions where available and appropriate:
Terms 1 & 4
Terms 2 & 3
Tae Kwon Do/
As well as fielding teams in regular on-going competitions the School is also a member of the ACT Schools Sports Association (ACTSSA) and fields teams in relevant competitions.
When CGGS selects teams to participate in interschool competitions, students will be selected from those involved in the relevant sport during that year.
The School anticipates fielding teams in the following competitions each year: