- About Us
- Admissions (active page)
- Junior School
- Senior School
Frequently Asked Questions
At what age should students attend the Early Learning Centre and Preparatory?
Reception Level (3 to 4-year-old girls and boys)
For commencement in the Early Learning Centre (ELC) in Reception classes (3 to 4-years-old) your child must be 3 years old prior to the commencement of the academic year of entry.
Pre-Prep (4-year old girls and boys) and Preparatory (5-year old girls and boys)
In line with ACT schools, the age cut-off date for entry to CGGS is 30 April. Therefore, on or before 30 April of the entry year, your child must be:
- 4 years old - for entry to Pre-prep classes in the ELC
- 5 years old - for entry to Preparatory classes in the Junior School.
At what age can boys attend Canberra Girls Grammar School?
Boys can attend Canberra Girls Grammar from Reception at our Early Learning Centre, through to the completion of Year 3.
Does CGGS have scholarships?
Every year, we award a limited number of scholarships and bursaries to students who demonstrate:
- proven academic excellence
- consistent and sound academic progress
- an outstanding aptitude for music
- proven excellence in sporting, cultural or co-curricular pursuits
- commitment to service or leadership at school and across the wider community
- an ability to make a positive and significant contribution to the life of the school and wider community
See Scholarships & Bursaries for more information.
Do you accept Full Fee Paying Overseas Students?
CGGS enrols a small number of overseas students from Year 7 to 12 who usually hear about CGGS from past or current overseas students. At CGGS we require all students to be able to take their classes in English. See the international students section for more information.
Do you have boarding facilities?
CGGS offers boarding facilities for Years 7 to 12.
See Boarding at CGGS for more information.
How much is the enrolment application registration fee?
The registration fee is $165 (incl. GST) and is due at the time of application.
Does every child have the opportunity to attend Canberra Girls Grammar School?
We are a non-selective school. There are no entry examinations and all students are welcome to attend, subject to interview.
See How to Apply for more information.