IB Diploma Programme
The International Baccalaureate (IB) is a broad-based curriculum with exciting 21st Century relevance. The IB programmes have an international reputation for offering the highest quality education, promoting an international mindedness and a positive approach to classroom learning.
The IB Diploma Programme is designed as an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, normally aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. The Programme is taught over two years and has gained recognition and respect from the world's leading universities.The Diploma Programme goals provide students with:
- a broad and balanced, yet academically demanding, programme of study
- the development of critical thinking and reflective skills
- the development of research skills
- the development of independent learning skills
- the development of intercultural understanding;and
- a globally recognised university entrance qualification.
In addition to academic skills, Diploma Programme assessment encourages an international outlook and intercultural skills where appropriate.