Hayley Ricks (Year 7) performed at the City of Orange Eisteddfod and was names the 13 Years and Over Most Promising Ballet Dancer. She also achieved the following results:
- 1st – 13 & 14 Years Classical Improvisation
- 1st – 13 & 14 Years Classical Championship
- 2nd - 13 Years Contemporary Solo
- 2nd - 13 Years Classical Solo
- 3rd - 13 Years Modern Solo
- Highly Commended – 13 & 14 Years Contemporary Improvisation
- Very Highly Commended – 13 & 14 Years Modern improvisation
Congratulations and well done to Olivia Ryall (Year 5) who was recently awarded the Most Valuable Player and Player’s Player awards for ACT Representative Basketball team.
Grace Kemp (Year 12) was selected to attend the First Nations Australian Rugby selection camp at Narrabeen Sports Academy. We look forward to hearing how she went.
Sisters Alice Hincksman (Year 5) and Lucy Hincksman (Year 9) were both selected to represent the ACT at the National Cross Country Championships in Wollongong on 23-26 August.
Some wonderful results at the U.S. Kids Golf Tour Winter 2019 in Peats Ridge, NSW with two CGGS students named runner up in their respective categories:
- Girls 7 Years and Under - Amarissa Taylor (Year 1)
- Girls 10-11 Years - Sia Taylor (Year 5)
Congratulations to the following students who are all finalists in ACT Endangered Species Art competition: Quinlan Kelly (Year 6), Lola Miller (Year 4) and Piper Lia (Year 1). The girls’ artwork will be on display at The Botanical Gardens soon.
Our Junior School team competed at the South Weston Athletics Championships on Wednesday, 21 August and came first in the female point scores and fifth overall. Congratulations to the following students who placed in their events:
- Scarlett Cooke (Year 4) – 1st in 9 Years 70m, 2nd in 9 Years 100m and 3rd in 8-10 Years 800m,
- Claudia Ryall (Year 3) – 2nd in 9 Years 70m
- Alexandra Howes (Year 5) – 1st in 11 Years 200m and 2nd in 11 Years 100m
- Alice Hincksman (Year 5) – 2nd in 11 Years 200m and 3rd in 11 Years 100m
- Olivia Howes (Year 5) – 2nd in 11 Years Long Jump
These five students, along with Mia Buchanan (Year 5) and Rachel Cooper (Year 4) have qualified to represent South Weston at the ACT Championships on 10 September. All the best for a successful carnival, girls.