Elizabeth Coper-Jones (Year 9 Waverley), Captain of Thunder Girls Cup cricket team, was named Cricket ACT’s Junior Cricketer of the Week highlighting a stand out performance last Saturday where she took a hat-trick in for Weston Creek Molonglo Cricket Club against CGS finishing the day with 4 for 10 off 5 overs. The previous night, Elizabeth bowled 2 overs, 1 maiden and took 1 wicket for 1 run and then hit 21 not out off 17 balls including 2 fours to lead her team to the win. On Sunday, playing for the Tuggeranong woman’s team, Elizabeth bowled 4 overs, 1 maiden, 1 wicket for 9 runs in their victory over Ginninderra. She was named the Tuggeranong Player of the Week. Congratulations on a sensational weekend of cricket, Elizabeth!
Eight of our Senior School students have been selected to represent the ACT at the 10th Pacific School Games in Adelaide from 1-10 December. Congratulations to the following students:
- Football – Alexandra Gidis (Year 7 Waverley), Sasha Grove (Year 7 Deakin) and Gemma Murphy (Year 11 Burgmann)
- Golf – Cassandra Linares (Year 9 Robertson)
- Hockey – Alanah Jansen (Year 10 Burgmann)
- Softball - Emma Behel (Year 7 Robertson) and Erin Behel (Year 9 Robertson)
- Touch Football – Lucy Hincksman (Year 7 Deakin)