The CGGS Parents & Friends Association are delighted to announce the recipients of the 2017 P&F Small Grants Awards:
- English Faculty - A grant to subsidise catering and some travel costs for the ‘Empathy and Imagination Symposium: The Power of Storytelling. This project aligns with the School’s movement towards inquiry based learning (Strategic Intent 4) which shows connections between different subject areas and between curriculum and life beyond the classroom.
- Library - A grant to support the Library’s request for new magazine racks, allowing for a clearer display of current issues and ready access to back issues. The new system will enhance student access and engagement with these valuable resources.
- Music Faculty - A grant to support the Junior School Timpani drums initiative. These instruments play a vital role in a range of ensembles but most importantly, the Concert Bands. At CGGS, we currently facilitate opportunities for over 200 students across both campuses to engage in the Concert Band and Orchestral Programs.
- PDHPE Faculty - A grant to allow for the purchase of more CPR training manikins to be used for training across the whole school. This purchase would provide more ‘hands on’ opportunities for students and staff to practice.
- Pastoral Care/Safe Schools Committee - A grant to support the ‘Chill Pill’ initiative. This initiative aims to create a safe school community by allowing students to come together in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere in the “Chill Pill” room.
- Sailing - A grant to purchase a new sailing boat. This fourth boat will allow more girls to participate in sailing while building the team’s competitiveness and internal redundancy.
In the Junior School, the P&F’s annual fundraiser is about to begin again. You may remember in 2016 we offered parents the chance to purchase items that had been decorated with their child’s artwork.
This year the range of goods available has increased and will include: calendars, family planners, greeting cards, sketch pads, diaries, notebooks, pillowcases, tea towels and iPhone cases.
Information will be sent to you and the flyer will include photos of the products. You may also view samples on display in our Reception area. Last year many classes were able to share the children’s artwork with you via SeeSaw prior to ordering and we hope to do this again. Funds raised will be directed to Junior School projects. Orders must be completed by Friday, 8 September.
P&F Association President