Again this year, I was delighted to accompany our Senior Council as they undertook an outdoor education-based leadership and planning, three-day canoeing and hiking venture led by Southbound Adventures, in Morton National Park near Kangaroo Valley.
This year’s leadership group consists of:
- School Captain: Leila West
- School Vice-Captain: Hayley Coorey
- SRC Chairperson: Tara Dabrowski
- Service Captain: Laura Francis
- Boarding House Captain: Elly Rose
- Debating and Public Speaking Captain: Stephanie Jones
- Drama Captain: Stephanie Maclaine
- Music Captain: Nicole Wang
- Sports Captain: Rosie Schweizer
- Burgmann House Captain: Elizabeth Wheeler
- Deakin House Captain: J’aime McGuire
- Glebe House Captain: Kate Collins
- Kilburn House Captain: Julia Myler
- Robertson House Captain: Jade Schmutter
- Waverley House Captain: Kate Thompson
The team and goal setting activities ranged from paddling over 30 kilometres to hiking eight kilometres, with a 4.00am start to watch the sunrise and have some quiet reflection time followed by breakfast. There was a series of leadership skill-specific activities and discussions that were extremely enjoyable and productive.
Both individually and collectively, the students were outstanding. The many, many references to family, and family experiences, as instrumental to who they are as confident and optimistic young women today was really inspiring. It was such a privilege to spend time away with such wonderful role models.
Head of Senior School