Canberra Girls Grammar School is proud to be the only girls’ school in the ACT to offer boarding to our community. Our Boarding House offers both weekly and short-term boarding for day girls.
Weekly boarding offers your daughter the opportunity to take full advantage of all CGGS has to offer. Students board from Sunday evening to Friday afternoon allowing them to focus on their academic studies, co-curricular pursuits and sporting commitments, during the week, while spending time with their family and loved ones on the weekend.
Short-term boarding is offered to families requiring care for their daughters from a few days to a number of weeks.
Moving from being a Day Girl at Canberra Girls Grammar to boarding has been a great experience for me. The academic support provided through the structured prep and tutoring sessions has seen all my grades improve. I have been able to take full advantage of the rowing program and attend all training sessions which has contributed to my success in rowing this year. (Bronte McDougall, Year 10).
Both boarding options would allow your daughter to:
- Learn independence and responsibility for daily tasks
- Take full advantage of the additional tutoring available from Monday to Thursday each week
- Be supported academically through supervised homework every evening
- Gain benefits from time saved in travel to and from home and sport training
- Access fresh and nutritious meals each day
- Utilise the daily laundry service
- Be transported to all co-curricular and sporting commitments
- Benefit from mentoring and pastoral care from dedicated and professional staff and house tutors
- Experience the unique sense of community that exists in our Boarding House
Spaces are limited. Each applicant’s suitability for boarding will be considered as a matter of course and acceptance will be at the discretion of the Principal and the Head of Boarding.
To learn more about the boarding options for your daughter please contact Ms Lisa Parolin, Deputy Head of Boarding email@example.com or 02 6202 6470.
Photo above: Head of Boarding, Mrs Tina Twigg with boarders in the courtyard of the Boarding House.