Vivien Gough Memorial Music Scholarship
The Vivien Gough Memorial Music Scholarship enables girls with an outstanding aptitude in music to develop their musicianship and benefit from a Canberra Girls Grammar School education.
This scholarship is offered to students on merit based on their musicianship. Categories include:
- Instrumental – Bassoon, Lower Brass, Strings or Orchestral Percussion
- General music – all other instruments and all-rounders
Successful scholars will benefit from free instrument or voice tuition, mentoring, free access to the Masterclass Series events, free membership to The Music Academy and access to Australian National University School of Music initiatives and programs.
Successful scholars are not required to pay the Standard Family Contribution.
Applicants are required to:
- provide evidence of age, identity and Australian citizenship or permanent residency status (original documents must be cited including birth certificate, passport, visas etc.)
- submit a résumé, including examination and eisteddfod reports
- provide copies of most recent academic report
- prepare a piece of the applicant’s own choice for audition, no longer than five minutes in duration. An accompanist is recommended but not mandatory, and is to be arranged by the applicant
- be interviewed by the School
The School does not provide a report on the applicant’s performance in the scholarship examinations.
Prospective students must:
- be entering Years 5 to 11 in 2019
- demonstrate technical, interpretative and stylistic expression
- showcase presentation through choice of repertoire, stage presence, communication with audience and accompanist, if appropriate
- demonstrate the ability to attain an average minimum standard of an ‘A’ in music
- demonstrate ability to contribute to The Music Academy at Canberra Girls Grammar School
- have a positive outlook and collaborative manner with peers and teachers
- outline financial need with provision of financial information
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the School and the School’s decision is final.
Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 9.00am to 1.00pm
End of Term 2, 2018
Scholarship application fee
$55 (including GST)