Organ Scholarships provide subsidised organ tuition for up to three girls each year. The School is fortunate to have a grand organ in our School Chapel of Annunciation, providing a rich opportunity for musicians with a passion for organ.
The scholarship would be ideal for girls who currently study piano and are interested in extending their keyboard skills by pursuing lessons on organ. This scholarship is offered to students on merit of their musicianship.
The organ scholarships provide organ tuition for one year only and a range of other benefits including mentoring, free access to the Masterclass Series events, free membership to The Music Academy and access to ANU School of Music initiatives and programs.
Scholarship applicants will be required to:
- provide evidence of age, identity and Australian citizenship or permanent residency status (original documents must be cited including birth certificate, passport, visas etc.)
- submit a résumé, including examination and eisteddfod reports
- provide copies of most recent academic report
- be interviewed by the School
- audition a piece of the applicant’s own choice and a hymn with sheet music, no longer than five minutes in duration
The School does not provide a report on the applicant’s performance in the scholarship examinations or auditions.
Prospective students must:
- be entering Years 5 to 10 in 2019
- be undertaking piano lessons to a minimum standard of AMEB Grade 6
- demonstrate technical, interpretative and stylistic expression
- showcase presentation through choice of repertoire, stage presence, communication with audience and accompanist, if appropriate
- demonstrate the ability to attain an average minimum standard of an ‘A’ in music
- demonstrate the ability to maintain sound results in all other chosen subjects or courses
- demonstrate ability to contribute to The Music Academy at Canberra Girls Grammar School
- have a positive outlook and collaborative manner with peers and teachers
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the School and the School’s decision is final.
Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 9.00am to 1.00pm
End of Term 2, 2018
Scholarship application fee
$55 (including GST)