Janine Murphy Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship can provide students the opportunity of attending Canberra Girls Grammar School (CGGS) which may normally not be available to students due to a families limited financial capacity to send their daughter(s) to the School.
The Janine Murphy Memorial Scholarship is endowed in memory of Janine Murphy, who had a long association with the School commencing in 1989 when her daughter first entered the Junior School. Janine continued her strong involvement with the School as the representative of the Bishop-in-Council on the School Board in 2004. She was also a member of the Board's Finance Committee.
This scholarship has been established to recognise the achievements of students who are all-rounders and to encourage students who want to use their leadership and community experience to make a contribution to School life.
The School acknowledges and values the Gabriel Foundation as a key supporter of the School’s scholarship program.
Scholarship recipients are not required to pay the Standard Family Contribution.
Applicants are required to:
- provide evidence of age, identity and Australian citizenship or permanent residency status (original documents must be cited including birth certificate, passport, visas etc.)
- outline financial need with provision of requested financial information
- complete a résumé and provide information about their academic goals
- provide copies of academic and school reports for the last two years from current school
- be interviewed by the School
- sit an examination
The School does not provide a report on the applicant’s performance in the scholarship examinations or auditions.
Prospective students must:
- be entering Years 7 to 11, 2019
- agree to a means test to determine financial need
- demonstrate consistent academic achievement, outlining their future academic goals
- highlight school and community leadership roles
- demonstrate commitment to extra-curricular activities such as music, sport, debating, leadership programs, community and volunteer work etc.
- demonstrate diligence and application in academic studies
- have a positive outlook and collaborative manner with peers and teachers
- demonstrate ambition in personal and career goals
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the School and the School’s decision is final.
Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 9.00am to 1.00pm
End of Term 2, 2018
Scholarship application fee
$55 (including GST)