Indigenous Day Student Scholarship
The Indigenous Day Student Scholarship offers local Indigenous families the opportunity to send their daughters to CGGS to gain a first-class secondary education.
Successful scholars will enjoy a comprehensive service and leadership program, inclusive of retreats, workshops, conferences, as well as many discussion and social events as part of the School’s calendar of events. This is in addition to the normal School curriculum and co-curricular work expected of the scholar.
Scholarship recipients are not required to pay the Standard Family Contribution.
- Guaranteed place at the School for new enrolling students.
- Up to 75% remission of tuition fees for a student to study at CGGS. This is calculated on a sliding scale depending on the family’s financial circumstances. Fee remission will take into consideration any Abstudy support you may be eligible for;
- Scholarship recipients are not required to pay the Standard Family Contribution; and
- Personalised programs, guidance and performance opportunities.
Applicants will be required to:
- provide evidence of age, identity and Australian citizenship or permanent residency status (Original documents must be cited including birth certificate, passport, visas etc.);
- outline financial need with provision of financial information;
- complete a résumé and provide information about their academic goals;
- provide copies of academic and school reports for the last two years from current school;
- be interviewed by the School; and
- attend an academic examination.
The School does not provide a report on the applicant’s performance in the scholarship examinations.
Prospective students must:
- be entering Years 7 to 11 in 2020;
- demonstrate consistent academic achievement, outlining their future academic goals;
- demonstrate diligence and application in academic studies;
- have a positive outlook and collaborative manner with peers and teachers; and
- demonstrate ambition in personal and career goals.
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the School and the School’s decision is final.
Wednesday, 29 August 2018
Wednesday, 12 September 2018, 9.00am to 1.00pm
End of Term 4, 2018
Scholarship application fee
$55 (including GST)
If you have any Questions:
Call or email our friendly Admissions team.
T: 02 6202 6420