Gabriel Boarding Scholarships
Each year, Canberra Girls Grammar School awards a limited number of Gabriel Boarding Scholarships for families who live a distance from Canberra. This scholarship is awarded on merit by considering the contribution that the student can make to the life of the Boarding House.
This scholarship will assist families financially who would like their daughters to attend the School but may find the combined school fees and boarding costs prohibitive. Applicants entering the School in Years 7 to 11 may apply for bursary support.
The scholarship is supported by The Gabriel Foundation, which strives to strengthen our community by advancing educational opportunities for our students. The School is indebted to the Foundation for its generosity and commitment to the academic development of our students.
- Guaranteed place at the School for new enrolling students;
- Up to 75% remission of tuition and boarding fees for a student to study at CGGS. This is calculated on a sliding scale depending on the family’s financial circumstances. Fee remission will take into consideration any Abstudy support you may be eligible for;
- Scholarship recipients are not required to pay the Standard Family Contribution; and
- Personalised programs, guidance and performance opportunities.
Applicants are required to:
- provide evidence of age, identity and Australian citizenship or permanent residency status (Original documents must be cited including birth certificate, passport, visas etc.);
- outline financial need with provision of requested financial information;
- attend a School interview; and
- attend an academic examination.
The School does not provide a report on the applicant’s performance in scholarship examinations or auditions.
Prospective students must:
- be entering Years 7 to 11 in 2020;
- demonstrate consistent academic achievement;
- demonstrate diligence and application in their academic studies; and
- have a positive outlook and collaborative manner with peers and teachers.
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the School and the School’s decision is final.
Wednesday, 29 August 2018
Wednesday, 12 September 2018, 9.00am to 1.00pm
End of Term 4, 2018
If you have any Questions:
Call or email our friendly Admissions team.
T: 02 6202 6420