Gabriel Boarding Scholarships
Each year, Canberra Girls Grammar School (CGGS) awards a limited number of Gabriel Boarding Scholarships for families who live a distance from Canberra. This scholarship is awarded on merit and considers the contribution the student can make to the life of the Boarding House.
This bursary aims to financially assist families who would like their daughters to attend the School but may find the combined school fees and boarding costs prohibitive. Applicants entering the School in Years 7 to 11 may apply for bursary support.
The bursary is supported by The Gabriel Foundation, which strives to strengthen our community by advancing educational opportunities for our students. The School is indebted to the Foundation for its generosity and commitment to the academic development of our students.
Applicants are required to:
- provide evidence of age, identity and Australian citizenship or permanent residency status (original documents must be cited including birth certificate, passport, visas etc.)
- outline financial need with provision of requested financial information
- be interviewed by the School
- sit an examination
The School does not provide a report on the applicant’s performance in scholarship examinations or auditions.
Prospective students must:
- be entering Years 7 to 11 in 2019
- agree to a means test to determine financial need
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the School and the School’s decision is final.
Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 9.00am to 1.00pm
End of Term 2, 2018
Scholarship application fee
$55 (including GST)