Gabriel Academic Scholarships
The Gabriel Academic Scholarship is applicable to students entering Year 7 or Year 11.
The scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate academic excellence. Successful academic scholars will be known to teaching staff and opportunities to extend their learning will be offered to them including:
- Trips and excursions, in Australia and overseas, involving academic or sporting cultural engagement
- Workshops through our Green Room Program
- Entry into academic and co-curricular competitions and the chance to compete at a regional, national and international level
This is in addition to the normal School curriculum and co-curricular work expected of the scholar.
Scholarship recipients are not required to pay the Gabriel Foundation Standard Family Contribution.
The scholarship is reviewed on an annual basis and it is the School’s expectation that recipients of academic scholarships maintain a high academic standard throughout their schooling and represent the School as and when requested.
The School reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
Applicants are required to:
- provide evidence of age, identity and Australian citizenship or permanent residency status (original documents must be cited including birth certificate, passport, visas etc.)
- complete a résumé and provide information about their academic goals
- provide copies of academic and school reports for the last two years from current school
- be interviewed by the School
- sit an examination
The School does not provide a report on the applicant’s performance in scholarship examinations or auditions.
Prospective students must:
- be entering Year 7 or Year 11 in 2019
- demonstrate consistent academic achievement
- demonstrate diligence and application in their academic studies
- have a positive outlook and collaborative manner with peers and teachers
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the School and the School’s decision is final.
Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Wednesday 11 April 2018, 9.00am to 1.00pm
End of Term 2, 2018
Scholarship application fee
$55 (including GST)