Gabriel Academic Scholarship
The scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate academic excellence. Successful academic scholars will be known to teaching staff and opportunities to extend their learning will be offered to them including:
- Trips and excursions, in Australia and overseas, involving academic or sporting cultural engagement.
- Workshops through our Green Room program.
- Entry into academic and co-curricular competitions and the chance to compete at a regional, national and international level.
This is in addition to the normal School curriculum and co-curricular participation expected of the scholar.
Scholarship recipients are not required to pay the Standard Family Contribution.
The scholarship is reviewed on an annual basis and it is the School’s expectation that recipients of academic scholarships maintain a high academic standard throughout their schooling and represent the School as and when requested.
The School reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
- Guaranteed place at the School for new enrolling students;
- Up to 75% remission of tuition and boarding fees for a student to study at CGGS. This is calculated on a sliding scale depending on the family’s financial circumstances. Fee remission will take into consideration any Abstudy support you may be eligible for;
- Scholarship recipients are not required to pay the Standard Family Contribution; and
- Personalised programs, guidance and performance opportunities.
Applicants are required to:
- provide evidence of age, identity and Australian citizenship or permanent residency status (Original documents must be cited including birth certificate, passport, visas etc.);
- complete a résumé and provide information about their academic goals;
- provide copies of academic and school reports for the last two years from current school;
- attend a School interview; and
- attend an academic examination.
The School does not provide a report on the applicant’s performance in scholarship examinations or auditions.
Prospective students must:
- be entering Years 7 to 11 in 2020;
- demonstrate consistent academic achievement;
- demonstrate diligence and application in their academic studies; and
- have a positive outlook and collaborative manner with peers and teachers.
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the School and the School’s decision is final.
Wednesday, 29 August 2018
Wednesday, 12 September 2018, 9.00am to 1.00pm
End of Term 4, 2018
Scholarship application fee
$55 (incl GST)
If you have any Questions:
Call or email our friendly Admissions team.
T: 02 6202 6420