Claringbould Vocal Scholarship
One Claringbould Vocal Scholarship will be awarded each year to complement the strong commitment Canberra Girls Grammar School (CGGS) holds for the performing arts, especially music.
This vocal scholarship provides specialised vocal tuition for one year only with Greta Claringbould, world-renowned Soprano.
This scholarship also offers successful scholars a range of other benefits including mentoring, free access to the Masterclass Series events, free membership to The Music Academy and access to ANU School of Music initiatives and programs
Applicants are required to:
- provide evidence of age, identity and Australian citizenship or permanent residency status (original documents must be cited including birth certificate, passport, visas etc.)
- submit a résumé, including examination and eisteddfod reports
- provide copies of most recent academic report
- audition by performing two contrasting pieces of vocal music pieces, each no longer than three minutes in duration. An accompanist is recommended but not mandatory, arranged by the applicant. Clapping rhythms, singing top, middle and bottom notes of chords and sing melody back
- be interviewed by the School
The School does not provide a report on the applicant’s performance in the scholarship examinations or auditions.
Prospective students must:
- be entering Year 7 in 2019
- demonstrate vocal skills and control
- reveal a passion for music and commitment to a range of music ensembles
- demonstrate the ability to attain an average minimum standard of an ‘A’ in music
- demonstrate ability to contribute to The Music Academy at Canberra Girls Grammar School
- have a positive outlook and collaborative manner with peers and teachers.
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the School and the School’s decision is final.
Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Wednesday, 11 April 2018, 9.00am to 1.00pm
End of Term 2, 2018
Scholarship application fee
$55 (including GST)