Why work at CGGS?
Canberra Girls Grammar School (CGGS) is a well-established and well-resourced educational community. We aim to attract the best staff in order to provide a wide range of opportunities for our students. In order to attract and retain enthusiastic and committed staff, CGGS provides the following to its employees:
- modern and well-resourced facilities
- a commitment to excellent ICT infrastructure
- provision of laptop computers to all teaching staff
- generous professional development opportunities
- career progression, recognition of excellence and financial reward via TQI and ISTAA teacher accreditation
- additional superannuation benefits and a variety of options for salary packaging
- discounted school fees for permanent staff
- participation in a Staff Enrichment Program
- annual Staff Scholarship
- innovative curriculum, including online delivery; and
- Safe Schools policy and pastoral care approach for all.
Many of the School’s facilities and resources are available to staff. These include the chapel, indoor swimming pool, gymnasium and library.
CGGS staff can also access a number of day-to-day benefits. Morning tea is provided daily during term time and meals are provided on parent/teacher interview evenings. Our Boarding House dining room can also provide an evening meal if required.
CGGS is committed to professional development for all staff. This can include an opportunity to attend practical courses, subject focussed seminars or conferences and enrichment opportunities of individual interest.
The International Baccalaureate provides opportunities for staff professional development in the areas of Primary Years Programme (PYP) and the Diploma Programme. It also provides the chance to communicate with other schools around the world.
The co-curricular program at CGGS allows staff to participate, mentor and manage students in a wide variety of activities. The bond created between staff, students and the wider school community adds value for all involved.
In addition to the above, other benefits for working at CGGS include:
- extended stand-down period (extra weeks in middle and end of year) for teaching staff
- salary continuance after two years service
- clear and current policies
- remote access to the ICT network; and
- free onsite parking.