The naming competition has now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Due to open at the start of Term 1 2018, this landmark building on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin will be a multi-purpose hub for academic, co-curricular and pastoral care pursuits for students of all ages.
The 'What's in a name?' competition is open to all members of the CGGS community including students, staff, parents, Grammarians and members of the School Board.
Entries are open now and will be accepted via the official link until 5.00pm on Friday, 22 September 2017 (last day of Term 3).
Proposed names for the new building need to meet at least two of the following crietria in order to be considered by the judging panel:
- Link to the history of CGGS
- Relate to the local Canberra region
- Celebrate the achievements of women
Each entry must include two paragraphs (maximum 100 words each) detailing how the name meets the chosen criteria.
We encourage everybody to research the 91 years history of our School to help support their entry.
Terms and conditions
- Students in Reception to Year 2 will participate as part of their class group submissions
- Students in Years 3-12 may submit one individual entry. Teachers in the Junior School will give time to discuss and assist by clarifying the task. The task may be set for Junior School Home Learning so as to involve parents.
- Parents, Staff, Grammarians and members of the School Board may also take part in the competition, following the same guidelines as the students.
- All entries to be submitted via the official link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CGGSNAMINGCOMP
- The judging panel will release a list of the Top 20 submissions which will then be voted upon by the CGGS community
- The winner/winning class group will win a $500 voucher/EFTPOS card and will be invited to participate in the official opening of the new building.
Each entry will become part of the time capsule installed at the building for its opening. This means everyone who chooses to be involved in the naming of our building will become a small part of the history of the building and their entry captured in the time capsule so future generations can see the conversation that resulted in the name for our new facility.
We encourage you all to get involved in this exciting opportunity and look forward to welcoming you at the grand opening of our new facility in 2018.